Virginia Beach Attractions
In the center of the Virginia Beach oceanfront, The Breakers Resort Inn is conveniently located near many of the local attractions in Virginia Beach. Swim, surf or just sunbathe on the miles of beach right outside your back door, or rollerblade, bike or take a long walk along the oceanfront boardwalk. You can find music and entertainment at the boardwalk stage right next door on 17th Street. If it’s fishing you love, The Breakers is just one block from the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier. Enjoy the Atlantic Ocean with windsurfing, parasailing or jet skiing. Or maybe you’d prefer renting a boat, going deep-sea fishing or on an oceanfront cruise. The Breakers is also located near many local golf courses and golf packages are available. Other local attractions include:
- The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center with over 70,000 gallons of aquariums, live animal habitats and more than 300 hands-on exhibits.
- The Old Coast Guard Station Museum, the only original Lifesaving/Coast Guard Station in Virginia that’s open to the public, honors and preserves the history of Virginia’s coastal communities and maritime heritage.
- First Landing State Park, featuring 2,888 acres of maritime forest with 19 miles of trails, provides a protected area where many species of plants and animals flourish.
- There’s nothing like a day at our amazing aerial forest park! Located in the majestic trees of the Aquarium, The Adventure Park is the first of its kind in Virginia.
- Motor World is “your place to race” featuring 11 go-kart tracks & 16 different style Go-Karts, Bumper Boats, Kiddie & Thrill Rides.
- Enjoy 16 Caribbean-themed waterslides, a one-million-gallon wave pool and a children’s water playground at Ocean Breeze Waterpark.
- Climb the Old Cape Henry Lighthouse, which was erected in 1791 to replace colonists’ inland fires; it marked the Chesapeake Bay entrance for nearly a century.
- Participate in free ESP demos, a movie on Edgar Cayce, tour, lectures, or relax with a walk through the labyrinth and peaceful meditation garden, at Edgar Cayce’s A.R.E.
- Take a Bus Tour of Oceana Naval Air Station, the world’s largest master jet base.
- Only 10 minutes from the oceanfront, the Virginia Beach Amphitheater is a 20,000-seat outdoor concert venue that runs Apr.-Oct. Past highlights include performances by Kenny Chesney, Nickelback, Mary J. Blige, Jimmy Buffett, Elton John and the Dave Matthews Band.
- Just blocks from the oceanfront, the Virginia Beach Convention Center is always hosting a major convention, industry trade show or exciting consumer show.
- Located at Rudee Inlet, The Virginia Beach Fishing Center offers daily fishing and sightseeing trips, custom fishing charters, fuel, dockage, beach parking, and a full-service store.
- The maritime science museum Nauticus features hands-on exhibits, interactive theaters with live actors, shark and other touch tanks, digital high-definition films on a giant screen, NOAA exhibits, Battleship Wisconsin exhibits, national-caliber traveling exhibits and the Hampton Roads Naval Museum.
- The world’s largest naval station, Naval Station Norfolk, is homeport to aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers, large amphibious ships, and submarines.
- From the plains of Africa to your own backyard, the Virginia Zoo has a world of wild discovery waiting for you.
- Your imagination will soar as you launch a rocket, pilot a space shuttle, come face-to-face with the Apollo 12 Command Module, and a DC-9 passenger jet at Virginia Air & Space Center.